Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some revealing numbers from the LeBron James Finals debacle


I'm not going to pretend to be objective.  Everything here is totally biased.  But also, all of the following are facts:

- In six NBA Finals games, Lebron was the leading scorer in exactly zero of them.
- He scored 107 pts, which was the 3rd most on his team, and the 5th most of anyone in the series.  But he also played the most minutes of anyone by far (262), a whole quarter and a half more than Dirk, and almost two and a half quarters more than Wade.
- That works out to 19.6 pts per 48 min.  The NBA average this season for all qualifying players was 20.2 pts per 48 min.
- Lebron was 4th on his team in free throw attempts in the series, behind Wade, Bosh, and Mario Chalmers.
- He averaged exactly 3 pts per game in the 4th quarter.

I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.  If you watched this series but did not previously know any of the players, you would have thought Lebron was maybe the 5th or 6th best player on the court.  The Jordan comparisons that everyone wanted to make just a short time ago seem completely absurd now.  But just for argument's sake, Jordan was 6-0 all time in the finals.  Lebron is now 0-2.

One more thing worth noting, in the history of the NBA there are only 6 players who have been named league MVP but never won a championship: Rose this year, Iverson, and Barkley all won the award once.  Nash, Karl Malone, and Lebron are the only 2 time MVP's with no rings.

Click here to read more of my blog "LucidSportsFan: 37 seconds of sports and other stuff i care about" or follow me on twitter @LucidSportsFan or "Like" my facebook fan page.

And I can't not mention the "Bad Teacher" trailer that ran non-stop during the Finals; priceless.  "IT'S THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED SHAWN!"  Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to homepage